- Harry Potter is an Eleven-year-old boy who discovers that he is a wizard and goes to Hogwarts, a wizard boarding school. He learns that his parents were murdered by evil wizard Lord Voldemort while trying to protect him. Voldemort tried to kill Harry, at the age of one, but instead Harry lived and Voldemort was left barely alive. At the end of the school year, Harry defeats Professor Quirrel, who was possessed by Voldemort and trying to steal the Sorcerer’s Stone to bring Voldemort back to life.
- When Batman‘s parents were killed, the boy Bruce Wayne relocates to Asia where he is mentored by Henri Ducard and Ra’s Al Ghul in how to fight evil. When learning about the plan to wipe out evil in Gotham City by Ducard, Bruce prevents this plan from getting any further and heads back to his home. Back in his original surroundings, Bruce adopts the image of a bat to strike fear into the criminals and the corrupt as the icon known as ‘Batman’.
- Superman is a story describes how he is sent away from Krypton before its destruction, arrives at Earth, then grows to maturity and learns of his true identity and destiny. The story then evolves with the relationships Clark/Superman develops with reporter Lois Lane and others at newspaper The Daily Planet, as well as his efforts to repel the criminal plans of evil mastermind Lex Luthor, all while preserving his secret identity from discovery.
- Jay Gatsby – The title character and protagonist of the novel, Gatsby is a fabulously wealthy young man living in a Gothic mansion in West Egg. He is famous for the lavish parties he throws every Saturday night, but no one knows where he comes from, what he does, or how he made his fortune.
- Nick Carraway is a college graduate from the Midwest who has moved to New York to work in the bond business. He is a bit impressionable and naive, but his curious and observing nature helps him carefully weigh different situations. One of those situations has to do with his new neighbor, Jay Gatsby, and whether Nick should believe who Gatsby says he is or who others say he is.